Skip to main content

What makes me happy

I never know what to blog about and just the other day The Red Head Pirate (I'm using code names for my friends - inspired by The Read Head Pirate who gave me this idea on her own blog) called me names and told me to blog about something because she was sick of not seeing an update.

I've decided to share with you what a great evening I've had.  It takes very little to please me; as you'll soon learn what made my night so great. I spent half the evening with Hoops running errands and during our errands we encountered several ridiculous people. One of the joys of hanging out with Hoops is that we find humor in any given situation so while most would be irritated with our night and the sales people who helped us, we instead loved every minute and laughed all night long. 

After running errands I came home and finished reading Crossing to Safety (highly recommended). Reading is probably one of, if not, my favorite things to do. I love everything about books - the smell of books and book stores just make me smile. I can spend hours in a book shop, library or in my room reading.  One of my dreams is to open a book store/travel shop/bakery/daycare with Hoops and The Pirate. 

After a delightful hour of reading I decided it was time to listen to music. I'm very passionate about music and I love to check out new bands. Tonight I spent a good hour buying new music and then another hour just laying on my bed listening to music.  Some of the new bands (new to me) I'm checking out are  - Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, Tokyo Police Club, Carolina Liar and Chromeo.   Here's a sample of what I've been listening to tonight: David Gray, Joshua Radin, The Weepies, Sufjan Stevens, Kings Of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, Iron and Wine and Band of Horses.  I'm obviously in a mood to chill - these aren't exactly upbeat bands.  

This is what makes a great night for me - hanging out with friends, a good book, good music and of course a diet coke. Like I said - I'm easily entertained and pleased.  

So to anyone who reads this blog, what is your ideal relaxing night?

Comments

Kacey and Joe said…
Well I love this post, and I think that "hoops" is a better name than "Jew lover" for sure. Although I do love Joseph the Jew, it probably isn't appropriate for the world to know. :)
Marti said…
You are so funny! I wish my relaxing nights could include as much ACTUAL relaxing as yours do! My fav....a little cardio while watching TLC at the gym. I'm sure not very exciting to most, but oh I feel better once I can clear my head after a long day. If only I could justify a way to bring a Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke with me....

Popular posts from this blog

A West Side Story

Operator : West Valley Police Dispatch. How can I help you? Me : Yeah... I found a suspicious package on my driveway this morning. It's a clear bag full of money and some sort of mixture that looks like sand and salt. Operator : Can you tell what it is? Me: No, but I thought it might be drugs so I called. I can clearly see a $100 bill. Operator: Ok. I'll send some officers out there soon. Me: Should I move the bag away - in case the person comes back for it? Operator: No, don't touch it till they get there and see what it is. So I patiently wait and because I'm certain that the person who dropped this will be back, I wait outside and stand right over the package. Ten minutes later a cop car pulls up. Officer 1 : Hello Miss. So, you have a suspicious package huh? Me: Yes, it's right here. I'm not sure what it is, but I haven't touched it. Officer 2: You found it this morning? Me: Yes, as I was taking the garbage out. I checked with my...

My insignificant 6

6 Insignificant Things About Me Well Stacy tagged me, so here are 6 insignificant things about me that some of you didn’t know about till now 1. I hate the site of chewed gum! You know how people put their gum on their plate while they eat dinner? Well the site of that makes me want to gag. I’d rather buy that person a whole pack of gum then look at it on their plate. 2. I have broken my left arm twice –two summers in a row and at the same person’s house. 3.I can’t pee if anyone is within a ten foot radius of me. So no groups of girls going to bathroom together and I need to be in public restrooms completely alone or else it’s a waste of my time. 4.I’m a monster! I have abnormally small hands (and according to Emily, small feet). I’ve been told several times that my hands are unusually small. I can’t hold a football and have a hard time with a basketball. I get cramps using chopsticks and I drop things all the time. One of the best examples of this (which is already in an earlier post)...

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others...