Skip to main content

Teenage Mutant Ninja Killer Godzilla Moth

Extraordinary things can happen in normal settings, they may be evil, but still extraordinary.

My friend Emily was sitting at work the other day, just minding her own business when she saw something large fly right at her. It was so big and came at her so fast, she didn't have a chance to get a good look at it. Was it a bird? Godzilla with wings? Whatever it was, it was now attacking her head. The monster kept darting in and out and eventually Emily was able to get a look at what was attacking her. It was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Killer Godzilla Moth! Only has National Geographic ever seen a moth of this size. Emily began screaming and trying to knock down the beast, but nothing could be done about it. After several seconds (which felt more like minutes), Emily was able to get the beast away from her.

She looked around and could see no sign of it. She tried going back to work, but couldn't get the image of the attack out of her head. She was itching all over now and couldn't focus on anything.

A few minutes later, Emily heard a soft hum. She looked up, coudln't see anything, and went back to work. The humming grew louder - like the sound of fighter planes circling an area before they strike an attack. As Emily looked up, the moth was flying straight at her and did a nose dive. Was this moth a kamakazi pilot, was he going to nosedive to his death?
He swooped down and landed in her shoe; which was dangling from her foot. This nearly pushed Emily over the edge. It was like she was in The Birds, but instead of birds, she was being attacked by blood thirsty moths. She jumped up and her co-worker came over to see what was going on. They attempted to catch the moth several times, but were unable. They decided to remain absolutely still, let the moth relax and then catch it. Emily was prepared with a cup to capture the moth and in a few moments the moth landed and SWOOP! The moth was caught.

Emily held the cup tightly - not wanting to release the beast. They waited for while before they checked the cup and when they felt safe that they had crushed the moth when they caught it, they peeked in. He was lying still - they had conqured the Godzilla Moth! Emily wanted to photograph this - to prove to everyone what had attacked her.

As she peered in closer - GAH!!! It was still alive! The moth began thrashing around and escaped! He zoomed out and attempted one final attack. Emily was ready this time. He darted, she ducked, he zoomed and she grabbed her cup and- DONE! The Godzilla Moth was finally caught and for sure dead this time.

Emily was relieved to be done with it, but traumatized by what effects the attack had done to her. She couldn't stop itching, she could still hear the buzz of it's wings. She wanted to throw-up and cry at the same time.

To help you understand the size of the moth - Emily was kind enough to send me some pictures. We just have one right now, but we'll post the others very soon.


Comments

Charity said…
Your place of business sounds very inefficient. Perhaps security badges and personal ID cards would eliminate the risk of killer bugs slipping by security?

Fact - Japanese people pronounce it Godzirra.



By the way - this is not Charity. It is her baby making husband.
Unknown said…
Is this about Chavez? Because that is who I was picturing and that is totally a Chavez story. Good storytelling! I love the pic too.
David and Julie said…
You always have the funniest stories. I wish something like that would happen where I work. It is so boring at the UDOH!

Popular posts from this blog

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

* UPDATE - So you can all cool your Japanese jets (Stacy), I've finally added the pictures* And so begins the theme song to my 4th of July adventure –Your Ex-Lover is Dead, by Stars. For the 4th of July, I headed south and east to Blanding with my friend Nicole. Nicole grew up in Blanding and a lot of her family still lives there. We left Thursday night and began the 5 hour drive around 7:00 pm. Nicole brought along her dog Bella, an imperial shitzu, which translates to “a pain in the ass”. Picture a chicken nugget with legs – this is Nicole’s dog. Now Bella isn’t disobedient, she just hates me and I hate her. Bella loves to bark and when she barks, she spits – I refer to it as sparking. I was sparked on all weekend – not my favorite thing. Well, Nicole and I finally arrived in Blanding around midnight and the town was alive and buzzing. Every 3rd of July they start a softball game that lasts until 3 or 4 am. Nicole and I didn’t play, but the entire town was there, it was great.

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz