Skip to main content

Home! Home on the range!

Well Spring time is approaching and that means it's time for yard work. This is my first time being responsible for a yard and last Summer I had my first experience mowing and edging a lawn. Now that Spring is here, it's time to prep the lawn and the flower beds.

I went out back the other day to start cleaning up the yard and pick up whatever had been hiding under the snow for the past few months.  I walked out back and realized I had a much bigger issue on my hands. The wind had been really strong the past few nights and I hadn't really bothered to check on what had blow in.

Here's what I found:

sorry it's blurry - cell phone camera
I wasn't sure what to do - there were at least 30 tumbleweeds in my backyard. I just stared at them for a few minutes, and then put my complicated game plan into action. Now, you're probably wondering how to take care of removing 30 GIANT tumbleweeds from your yard.  Some people think you should break them down and put them in your garbage - a valid suggestion, but not what I went for.  To accomplish my genius, complicated project I suited up in a jacket, put on my gardening gloves and started the process. I grabbed about four weeds, ran towards the fence and chucked them!  The wind was blowing a bit, so majority of them blew back in my face (did you know tumbleweeds are prickly?). I finally got into a groove and got them all tossed.

So, Julie and Dave, if you're reading this - you are welcome for the awesome yard work I'm doing. West Valley City, thank you for removing the tumbleweed after I tossed them over the fence.

Comments

Charity said…
My thoughts exactly! Love it!
I would have LOVED to watch that!!! Hilarious! You are the best!
Beth and Jess said…
You are so awesome. seriously.
Jill Spencer said…
Oh Erin! I wish I could live inside your head for a day. You are hilarious!
April said…
Erin, Erin, Erin...So you are not friends with Julie's neighbors then...he he
David and Julie said…
I love it! That would have been my idea but David would probably make me break them up and put them in the garbage. Beautifully done!

Popular posts from this blog

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz

I Stand All Amazed!

This past weekend was a very memorable one for me;  I received my endowments. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for quite a long time, but wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons. Mt Timpanogos Temple (can you see me in the middle?!) Well after several lengthy conversations with my parents, siblings and a few close friends, praying and fasting, I knew that I was ready. I called the temple, set the date and then notified friends and family. I won’t go into details here about my experience, but I will tell you that I’ve never felt more beautiful, loved and calm as I did that day. I also strengthened my testimony about my Savior and His plan for us. I haven’t stopped smiling since Saturday, but thank heavens I stopped crying. It was such and amazing emotional experience for me and I’m so happy to have been able to share it with my family and friends! Here are a few photos from the day. Mom, Me and Dad Me, my parents

My insignificant 6

6 Insignificant Things About Me Well Stacy tagged me, so here are 6 insignificant things about me that some of you didn’t know about till now 1. I hate the site of chewed gum! You know how people put their gum on their plate while they eat dinner? Well the site of that makes me want to gag. I’d rather buy that person a whole pack of gum then look at it on their plate. 2. I have broken my left arm twice –two summers in a row and at the same person’s house. 3.I can’t pee if anyone is within a ten foot radius of me. So no groups of girls going to bathroom together and I need to be in public restrooms completely alone or else it’s a waste of my time. 4.I’m a monster! I have abnormally small hands (and according to Emily, small feet). I’ve been told several times that my hands are unusually small. I can’t hold a football and have a hard time with a basketball. I get cramps using chopsticks and I drop things all the time. One of the best examples of this (which is already in an earlier post)