Skip to main content

Home! Home on the range!

Well Spring time is approaching and that means it's time for yard work. This is my first time being responsible for a yard and last Summer I had my first experience mowing and edging a lawn. Now that Spring is here, it's time to prep the lawn and the flower beds.

I went out back the other day to start cleaning up the yard and pick up whatever had been hiding under the snow for the past few months.  I walked out back and realized I had a much bigger issue on my hands. The wind had been really strong the past few nights and I hadn't really bothered to check on what had blow in.

Here's what I found:

sorry it's blurry - cell phone camera
I wasn't sure what to do - there were at least 30 tumbleweeds in my backyard. I just stared at them for a few minutes, and then put my complicated game plan into action. Now, you're probably wondering how to take care of removing 30 GIANT tumbleweeds from your yard.  Some people think you should break them down and put them in your garbage - a valid suggestion, but not what I went for.  To accomplish my genius, complicated project I suited up in a jacket, put on my gardening gloves and started the process. I grabbed about four weeds, ran towards the fence and chucked them!  The wind was blowing a bit, so majority of them blew back in my face (did you know tumbleweeds are prickly?). I finally got into a groove and got them all tossed.

So, Julie and Dave, if you're reading this - you are welcome for the awesome yard work I'm doing. West Valley City, thank you for removing the tumbleweed after I tossed them over the fence.

Comments

Charity said…
My thoughts exactly! Love it!
I would have LOVED to watch that!!! Hilarious! You are the best!
Beth and Jess said…
You are so awesome. seriously.
Jill Spencer said…
Oh Erin! I wish I could live inside your head for a day. You are hilarious!
April said…
Erin, Erin, Erin...So you are not friends with Julie's neighbors then...he he
David and Julie said…
I love it! That would have been my idea but David would probably make me break them up and put them in the garbage. Beautifully done!

Popular posts from this blog

A West Side Story

Operator : West Valley Police Dispatch. How can I help you? Me : Yeah... I found a suspicious package on my driveway this morning. It's a clear bag full of money and some sort of mixture that looks like sand and salt. Operator : Can you tell what it is? Me: No, but I thought it might be drugs so I called. I can clearly see a $100 bill. Operator: Ok. I'll send some officers out there soon. Me: Should I move the bag away - in case the person comes back for it? Operator: No, don't touch it till they get there and see what it is. So I patiently wait and because I'm certain that the person who dropped this will be back, I wait outside and stand right over the package. Ten minutes later a cop car pulls up. Officer 1 : Hello Miss. So, you have a suspicious package huh? Me: Yes, it's right here. I'm not sure what it is, but I haven't touched it. Officer 2: You found it this morning? Me: Yes, as I was taking the garbage out. I checked with my...

My insignificant 6

6 Insignificant Things About Me Well Stacy tagged me, so here are 6 insignificant things about me that some of you didn’t know about till now 1. I hate the site of chewed gum! You know how people put their gum on their plate while they eat dinner? Well the site of that makes me want to gag. I’d rather buy that person a whole pack of gum then look at it on their plate. 2. I have broken my left arm twice –two summers in a row and at the same person’s house. 3.I can’t pee if anyone is within a ten foot radius of me. So no groups of girls going to bathroom together and I need to be in public restrooms completely alone or else it’s a waste of my time. 4.I’m a monster! I have abnormally small hands (and according to Emily, small feet). I’ve been told several times that my hands are unusually small. I can’t hold a football and have a hard time with a basketball. I get cramps using chopsticks and I drop things all the time. One of the best examples of this (which is already in an earlier post)...

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others...