Skip to main content

Labor-dabor!

Humidity, Ice cream, lots of laughs, immodestly dressed little girls, Stephen and his love of David Archuleta, tons of driving, gorgeous scenery and good times. What do all of these items have in common - they all took place on my visit to Ohio for Labor Day weekend and probably one of the funniest and greatest weekends I've experienced in a long time.  We arrived in Ohio Thursday afternoon and went to dinner that night w/ Kristin's friends. We love Kristin, she's awesome - I only wish I could say the same for a few of her friends. We meet King of the D-Bags that night! Who, in a matter of two hours, insulted the state of Utah, tried to convince a girl to show her tatoo (which would have involved some removing of her shirt) because "he's a second year med student and it's ok", discussed politics at dinner (a huge no-no when meeting people for the first time), tried to sound smart using big words but it kept backfiring and lastly - majorly offending me, Kacey and Kristin w/ a gross joke regarding the female anatomy (it takes a lot to offend the three of us). But after all that nonsense, the fun began!

Friday we headed for Cedar Point and Kristin brought her friend Stephen (who we absolutley adore) and spent the entire day at Cedar Point. I got a little car sick on the way there which caused me to sit out a few rides, but other than that, the day was a blast. I couldn't help but feel old though while I was at the park. There were so many girls there wearing just bikini tops and small shorts - so small and revealing that I got the pee shivers several times just looking at these girls. Kacey and I were like two old ladies sitting on a porch discussing what's wrong with the youth of today.  Oh - and we saw several Amish kids with cell phones and digital cameras.

The next day was a busy one. We headed of to Canton, Ohio and spent the morning at the NFL Hall of Fame. Kacey was in heaven and we had to wipe the drool of her chin several times.  It was really neat and we had a lot of fun. We then headed over to Cleveland for the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. This was my favorite part! I love music and I love the history and story behind bands. We spent several hours there and then I spent tons of money in the gift shop.

The next day we headed into Cincinnati to watch the infamous Labor Day fireworks. I had a friend tell me about these fireworks, so we did some researching and then headed out there. We ended up at a park and had a great view of the Ohio river and the bridge where the fireworks are let off. They were phenomenal! I had no idea what we were in for and I wasn't disappointed. They lasted about 45 minutes and they had parachuters coming down from the sky with lights on their packs so they looked like falling stars. They had shapes, words - it was just amazing!

Monday, our last day, we just hung out, did some last minute shopping and then said our goodbyes. I had a fantastic time in Ohio and would love to visit again.

The only downside to the trip was a brief experience I had with an airport security personnel. As Kacey and I were going through security, I had to show my drivers license to one of the security people. He looked my license, at me, back to the license and then back at me again. He then said: "This picture right here, this one - this is the best you'll ever look." I wish I was kidding -but I'm not. I know I've had better days, but seriously?! Who says that!?!  

Comments

Unknown said…
Was that airport security person slurring his speech or blinking a lot and scratching at his arms (signs of alcohol & drug abuse)? That is ridiculous but so glad you shared! Sounds like an incredible trip and I never knew Cincinnati had famous Labor Day fireworks.

Popular posts from this blog

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

* UPDATE - So you can all cool your Japanese jets (Stacy), I've finally added the pictures* And so begins the theme song to my 4th of July adventure –Your Ex-Lover is Dead, by Stars. For the 4th of July, I headed south and east to Blanding with my friend Nicole. Nicole grew up in Blanding and a lot of her family still lives there. We left Thursday night and began the 5 hour drive around 7:00 pm. Nicole brought along her dog Bella, an imperial shitzu, which translates to “a pain in the ass”. Picture a chicken nugget with legs – this is Nicole’s dog. Now Bella isn’t disobedient, she just hates me and I hate her. Bella loves to bark and when she barks, she spits – I refer to it as sparking. I was sparked on all weekend – not my favorite thing. Well, Nicole and I finally arrived in Blanding around midnight and the town was alive and buzzing. Every 3rd of July they start a softball game that lasts until 3 or 4 am. Nicole and I didn’t play, but the entire town was there, it was great.

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz