Skip to main content

My insignificant 6

6 Insignificant Things About Me

Well Stacy tagged me, so here are 6 insignificant things about me that some of you didn’t know about till now

1. I hate the site of chewed gum! You know how people put their gum on their plate while they eat dinner? Well the site of that makes me want to gag. I’d rather buy that person a whole pack of gum then look at it on their plate.

2. I have broken my left arm twice –two summers in a row and at the same person’s house.

3.I can’t pee if anyone is within a ten foot radius of me. So no groups of girls going to bathroom together and I need to be in public restrooms completely alone or else it’s a waste of my time.

4.I’m a monster! I have abnormally small hands (and according to Emily, small feet). I’ve been told several times that my hands are unusually small. I can’t hold a football and have a hard time with a basketball. I get cramps using chopsticks and I drop things all the time. One of the best examples of this (which is already in an earlier post) is when Emily was talking to one of her friends and discovered that he went to Murray High just like I did. When Emily asked if he knew me, his response was “They girl with brown hair and really small hands? Yeah, I know her.” *Sigh*….

5.On Halloween, I favor the kids based on their costume. If they are dressed as Harry Potter they get at least 5-6 extra pieces of candy. I also favor other costumes like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Disney Princesses. But I also give crappy candy if I don’t approve of the costume. We used to get a bunch of kids between the ages of 13-16 wearing their football jersey top and then rollerblading from house to house. They usually get the gross old lady candy like Werthers, Bit O Honey, etc.

6.I buy books when I’m bored and sad. If I don’t have anything to do on a weekend, I go book shopping. If I’ve had a bad day, I console myself with a book. If I’ve never heard anything about the book, but it just sounds interesting or I like the cover art work, I’ll buy the book. This was fine till I started running out of book shelf space. Now my night stands and dressers are holding stacks of books.

Ok, I now tag the following people to do the same on their website:
Charity & Dean, Julie & Dave, Jill & Justin, Kristin, Tiffany, Emily, Mega Death!, Kathryn, Jenny, Steph, Fox, Haley, Corine, Rachel, Brooke, Michelle White, Michelle Blackham, Carrie, Tasha, Nicole… that’s all I can think of for now. I know a few of you don’t have blogs, but I still want you to email me your list.

Here’s another interesting fact – half of these people don’t even know that I have a blog so I can’t guarantee they’ll get this message. So if you read this blog (all 2 of you – thanks mom & dad!) please feel free to participate!

Comments

Haley said…
Hey!! Your blog (and writing on mine) provide a good distraction for me during class, I take this tag and will now do it so that I can waste time in class!!
David and Julie said…
I love that you favor kids halloween costumes! I didn't know you did that.
Anonymous said…
Did you just assign me homework? You jerk. How about I tag you with my foot?

Does Julies blog even exist yet? I know it has a web address, but it is empty inside. . . like Julie's basement.


HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Internet is for nerds.
Haley said…
This is the OTHER Haley... :)

Are you okay to pee in the woods as long as there's no one near you? Just wondering... sometimes cool breezes where I'm not used to them being prevent me from peeing freely.
Cook Family said…
You are too funny Erin. I just wanted to let you know I remember those times that you broke your arm at Lindsay's house,one in the driveway and the other comeing from the hot tub. Good times :)
P.S. it hurts that you think I don't care enough to check your blog..only everyday!!
Charity said…
Ok I am lame! I can't even think of 6 things that are as clever as yours. You and Dean put me to shame.
Stacy and Tay said…
I knew I could count on your six to be interesting and worth my time!
Mick and Tiff said…
So funny. I tried to do this but I am just not as interesting as you. I thought the Halloween costumes was great. I better send Addy your way and see how much you like her!!! ha ha.
Jill Spencer said…
Hey I read your blog to! You are very important to me. :) I have listed my 6 on my website!

Popular posts from this blog

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

* UPDATE - So you can all cool your Japanese jets (Stacy), I've finally added the pictures* And so begins the theme song to my 4th of July adventure –Your Ex-Lover is Dead, by Stars. For the 4th of July, I headed south and east to Blanding with my friend Nicole. Nicole grew up in Blanding and a lot of her family still lives there. We left Thursday night and began the 5 hour drive around 7:00 pm. Nicole brought along her dog Bella, an imperial shitzu, which translates to “a pain in the ass”. Picture a chicken nugget with legs – this is Nicole’s dog. Now Bella isn’t disobedient, she just hates me and I hate her. Bella loves to bark and when she barks, she spits – I refer to it as sparking. I was sparked on all weekend – not my favorite thing. Well, Nicole and I finally arrived in Blanding around midnight and the town was alive and buzzing. Every 3rd of July they start a softball game that lasts until 3 or 4 am. Nicole and I didn’t play, but the entire town was there, it was great.

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz