Skip to main content

La la la la la la - last night!

15 years ago, they said goodbye - last night they said hello. I'm talking about NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) of course! Last night my friend Kacey and I attended the most anticipated concert of the year, and the best part is that it didn't cost us one cent!


My friend Haley had free tickets and asked me to take them off her hands - I gladly agreed! The night started off very well. Kacey, sporting a side pony tail, had an awesome connection and managed to get us VIP parking. We pulled up to the VIP parking, mentioned our connections name, and they waved us right through. We felt pretty awesome!


The fun kept going after that. I needed to make a bathroom stop before the concert, and as I approached the bathroom I realized that I'd be in line for at least 20 minutes and knowing my issue with restrooms I also knew I may not be able to go. I thought about using the men's room cause there was no line (maybe 20 guys total attended the concert) and as I was thinking that this guy told me I could go in the mens room because no one was in there. So, I went; and so did about ten other ladies. While waiting, this girl came in and announced that she needed to go ASAP - well we all did, so none of us offered to give up our spot. She then had the best idea ever, she'd use a urinal. She walked over, hiked up her skirt to her waist and SAT on the urinal. She didn't hover, she sat! It was at this moment I knew I was going to experience the best night ever!



On our way to our seats, we encountered a girl who was already drunk. Her friend had to prop her up and ask her other guy friend to help her walk to her seat. We finally got to our seats and met our seat neighbors who can only be described as exotic dancers. Their outfits left little to the imagination and their dancing proved that they were taking lessons from Southern X-Posure. I'll have a video link up soon of our favorite dancer.

On to the concert! The boys got started with their new song, Single -which I actually had no idea it was theirs. Well they kept delivering The Right Stuff and stayed in Step by Step while they crooned us and performed some dances that I remembered all to well. I screamed to them over and over "I'll Be Loving You Forever" and for a minute I thought they were going to leave me Hanging Tough, but they didn't! They came back with hit after hit and great dance moves kept coming!


Looking out over the crowd, I noticed it was quite the collection of fans. We had 30+ year old moms who were dancing their hearts out and their kids were just staring at them (some were even sleeping during all of it). We then had girls who only know of the New Kids On The Block from TRL - and not the Saturday morning cartoons like the rest of us. They also have no idea what it means to shout "We're Tough!" or do the dance to "The Right Stuff". They still enjoyed the concert though. We then had people like me and Kacey - who, like the 30 year olds - would freak out when the old classics would come on and knew all the dances and could name each band member. It was a night to remember. We left the concert nearly deaf and kept shouting at each other cause we couldn't tell how loud we were talking. We were singing the songs on the way home and our tired voices kept cracking and going out on us - a good sign that you've enjoyed your night! I wonder if Coldplay will be able to surpass this greatness next weekend... Time will only tell.



I have so many great photos and videos to share and I will post them as soon as I get them from Kacey. Till then, keep Hanging Tough!

Comments

Mick and Tiff said…
perfect! that sounds exactly like I was hoping it would be. especially the part with the girl on the urinal.... oh wow! I love it!
Beth and Jess said…
I love it!!!!! Oh the good old days of talented musicians!!!!
Cook Family said…
I just wanted to rub it in $1.56 today :) Love Ya!
Corine
Rachel said…
Wow. I can't wait for the videos. Seriously jealous you're going to Coldplay. Love your guts.
Mick and Tiff said…
Whatever happened with crimping your hair??? I was so excited for THAT picture!
Charity said…
Love it love it love it!

Popular posts from this blog

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

* UPDATE - So you can all cool your Japanese jets (Stacy), I've finally added the pictures* And so begins the theme song to my 4th of July adventure –Your Ex-Lover is Dead, by Stars. For the 4th of July, I headed south and east to Blanding with my friend Nicole. Nicole grew up in Blanding and a lot of her family still lives there. We left Thursday night and began the 5 hour drive around 7:00 pm. Nicole brought along her dog Bella, an imperial shitzu, which translates to “a pain in the ass”. Picture a chicken nugget with legs – this is Nicole’s dog. Now Bella isn’t disobedient, she just hates me and I hate her. Bella loves to bark and when she barks, she spits – I refer to it as sparking. I was sparked on all weekend – not my favorite thing. Well, Nicole and I finally arrived in Blanding around midnight and the town was alive and buzzing. Every 3rd of July they start a softball game that lasts until 3 or 4 am. Nicole and I didn’t play, but the entire town was there, it was great.

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz