Skip to main content

Coldplay!

After seeing NKOTB I wasn’t sure if any other concert would be able to surpass them in performance and talent, but alas, I was wrong.Two weekends ago I went to see Coldplay with my friend Tasha. The concert was amazing! Probably the best concert I’ve ever been too. I never pegged Coldplay for an entertaining band, but they blew me away. Chris Martin (who has the most gorgeous curly hair) was so entertaining and ran all over the stage dancing and singing (of course) and getting the crowd pumped up. The rest of the band was equally entertaining, but the drummer, Will, was a second personal favorite. He’s cute and insanely talented – he played at least 5 different instruments throughout the show. The band kept the energy up the entire time and got the crowd involved as well. Tasha and I attempted to sit down once or twice, but the show was so energetic that you wanted to be up dancing and singing along.


The stage design itself was amazing. The back drop was a huge screen that had different images of revolutionary type artwork being displayed, or close-ups of the band. They also had several large white balls hanging from the ceiling that had various images projected on them. There were two additional screens further up by the ceiling that were showing the concert and I was actually watching the screen more then the band at times. The way they filmed the concert was amazing. I have a feeling a DVD of this tour will be coming out soon.

During the song Lover’s In Japan (a personal favorite) they released thousands of paper butterflies into the audience. It was quite a beautiful sight and I was a little sad that I wasn’t closer to stage to be apart of the falling butterflies. At one point during the show the band ran off stage and then ran up into the audience and played a couple of songs up there. Our friends Loren, Steve & Catchpole were in this section and were only five rows away from the band! I’m a little jealous!
Coldplay singing in the crowd
Lover's In Japan - millions of paper butterflies!

One thing that impressed me was how polite and humble they were. Chris Martin thanked everyone for coming out and giving up a busy evening to come see them perform. The band really appeared to be excited to be performing for us – something I think some bands neglect to show.

I’ve always been a fan of Coldplay, but now seeing them live I’m bordering on obsessed! Only David Gray and Dave Matthews have been able to capture my attention that way.
It was an amazing evening!

A huge thanks to Loren, Scott and Melanie who sent me their pictures from the concert!

Comments

Danen Radman said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charity said…
"Best Concert"?

You realize that there are still bands out there like the Beastie Boys and Linkin Park? Linkin Park - BEST CONCERT EVER!!! They crowd surfed!! That is how much they rock!!

Also - Rachel is still jealous.
Beth and Jess said…
I am totally jealous it sounds like so much fun.

Popular posts from this blog

I know you are, but what am I?

I know that majority of my posts are rants - but that's who I am and I ask you not to judge me.  Today's rant is for engaged people everywhere.  I have lots of married friends and several engaged friends and about 90% of them have all comitted this crime - the crime of assuming that because they are engaged and happy that I must follow suit. I love to celebrate an engagement/wedding; it's an exciting time and deserves rejoicing but doesn't need to be used as a tool to discuss with me my current state of bliss (which is usually quite high).  I was talking with The Pirate the other day about this very topic. We both have engaged people in our lives who are now suddenly wanting to know who we are dating, who we like, what are we doing to "find our eternal best friend", etc.  I'm very happy for these friends, but I'm not quite sure why the mantle of happiness spreader comes to them. Is there a sense of obligation that an engaged person feels to help others

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

* UPDATE - So you can all cool your Japanese jets (Stacy), I've finally added the pictures* And so begins the theme song to my 4th of July adventure –Your Ex-Lover is Dead, by Stars. For the 4th of July, I headed south and east to Blanding with my friend Nicole. Nicole grew up in Blanding and a lot of her family still lives there. We left Thursday night and began the 5 hour drive around 7:00 pm. Nicole brought along her dog Bella, an imperial shitzu, which translates to “a pain in the ass”. Picture a chicken nugget with legs – this is Nicole’s dog. Now Bella isn’t disobedient, she just hates me and I hate her. Bella loves to bark and when she barks, she spits – I refer to it as sparking. I was sparked on all weekend – not my favorite thing. Well, Nicole and I finally arrived in Blanding around midnight and the town was alive and buzzing. Every 3rd of July they start a softball game that lasts until 3 or 4 am. Nicole and I didn’t play, but the entire town was there, it was great.

I Stand All Amazed!

This past weekend was a very memorable one for me;  I received my endowments. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for quite a long time, but wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons. Mt Timpanogos Temple (can you see me in the middle?!) Well after several lengthy conversations with my parents, siblings and a few close friends, praying and fasting, I knew that I was ready. I called the temple, set the date and then notified friends and family. I won’t go into details here about my experience, but I will tell you that I’ve never felt more beautiful, loved and calm as I did that day. I also strengthened my testimony about my Savior and His plan for us. I haven’t stopped smiling since Saturday, but thank heavens I stopped crying. It was such and amazing emotional experience for me and I’m so happy to have been able to share it with my family and friends! Here are a few photos from the day. Mom, Me and Dad Me, my parents