Skip to main content

Every little thing you say, brings me one step closer to the edge...

You know those people in your life who make you want to scream all day long? Well I have mine, a co-worker, who I refer to as Troll. She is nicknamed Troll because she looks like one - she's under 5'0", she has a trollish face, and she uses her powers for evil, not good. I also wouldn't be surprised if she lived under a bridge and terrified small children on their way home.

Today is one of those days where I just have to walk away, and ignore her - since I can't walk as far away as I want to, I'm venting via blog. Let me give you some insight to Troll. We started out as average coworkers and within a week I had nearly offended her. Troll is approaching her third marriage and when she told me this I blurted out "Hey, third time is a charm. This one will take!" As the words left my mouth I was trying to stop myself. So while not a huge mistake, she already eyed me as an evil person who spoke too freely. So Troll and I manage to work together and we even became work friends, eating lunch together, chit chatting, etc. A few weeks later she asks me if I'm dating anyone and if she can set me up with her nephew. Well, in the what came to be the worst blind date I never went on - that story later - Troll and I also stopped talking unless it was work related.  She started texting me in the morning if I wasn't at work at my normal time.

We have this great rule that states "in by ten or call". I, being in the late-to-bed, late-to-rise category, take this rule for all it's worth.  I'm usually in by 9:15/9:30, but there are the ocassional days where I don't come in till 10. Around 8:50-9:00 AM I start getting texts "are you coming in today?", "hey, no word from you yet - are you showing up today?", "it's past your normal time, is everything okay?".  Being the brat I am, I refuse to answer these texts. Troll is not my boss and my boss has never expressed concern over my attendance, so I don't see why she needs to know. So I continue to ignore these things and she then changes tactics. She goes for the public display of motherly badgering. "Erin..." [closing her eyes and clasping her hands] "...it would really help me if you could do this one thing for me [she then names the favor]. I just need it done right now and I haven't seen it yet."  My polite response, all while smiling, "Oh, you mean the document I emailed to Marge (mine and Troll's boss) yesterday? Cause she has it and everything looked good to her."  Troll: "Oh, well that is just spectacularay! Who would have thought you'd catch on so fast!" Yes, she says it Speck-tack-uuu-lar-ae and she thinks it's cute! So that's how a typical conversation will go between Troll and I.

We have a big event happening over the next few months as one of our companies splits off and goes on its on; and we have a lot of documentation that needs to edited for any references to this company. This hasn't been a task of mine till Troll gave me 20 documents last week that need to be re-written within a week. I later learn that she has been sitting on these docs for at least a month, doing nothing with them. So while I'm working on them and cursing her, she stops by today: "Erin, when you're done with those and ready to upload them, let me know and I'll help you out." Kandy, my cubicle neighbor says : "Oh, good be sure to grab me cause I don't know how to do it either." Troll responds (in her classic condescending tone) "Kandy, the steps to do it are on SOP #blah blah blah. You can handle the directions. Erin, when you're ready, come grab me."

I'm at the edge and I'm about to break!

Comments

kristin said…
about 25% of me wishes that she does something that ends up with you kidney punching her, even though it might end up in you losing your job.
Charity said…
Erin..... I love you! Thanks for making me laugh
David and Julie said…
I think we all have co-workers that we would love to hit; I know I have a few. The way you tell your stories are just much more entertaining!
Haley said…
I'm very happy you found something to blog about that required you to use the "I'm about to break" song. :)
Meg said…
Haha Erin I love this story!! You make me laugh so hard! Keep us posted on more Troll encounters!
Michelle said…
1. My mom is her hubby's third wife and at the wedding when they decorated their car they wrote "third time's the charm" on the back window. May as well not pretend that this isn't your third try! Not something to get offended about in my book.

2. Only Glinda should be allowed to make up such words. (confusifying, etc.)

3. Good luck with her! Holy crap - I have to admit the post was entertaining but seriously you really are a saint for not physically inflicting harm so far!

Popular posts from this blog

Chivalry isn't dead, it's killing me.

I've got a bump on my head and a headache - all from my friend opening the door for me. The other day my friend and I attempted to go shopping to try and find him some new clothes.  This friend of mine is a complete gentlemen. He insists on opening car doors, building doors, getting your chair, etc. So as we approached the mall, he went to get the door and I waited. Quick side note: For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I rarely wait for guys to get the door. For a long time I never had a guy friend who got the door. If I saw I door, I'd open it and just bust on through (kind of like Kramer). Why wait? Well I started hanging out with gentlemanly friends and started adopting some patience for these door opening men. So Friend grabbed the door and I started to walk through and then WHAMO!  The door had slammed me in the head. I was so disoriented from the hit that I just stood there and looked around. I looked back at Friend and his face was froz

My insignificant 6

6 Insignificant Things About Me Well Stacy tagged me, so here are 6 insignificant things about me that some of you didn’t know about till now 1. I hate the site of chewed gum! You know how people put their gum on their plate while they eat dinner? Well the site of that makes me want to gag. I’d rather buy that person a whole pack of gum then look at it on their plate. 2. I have broken my left arm twice –two summers in a row and at the same person’s house. 3.I can’t pee if anyone is within a ten foot radius of me. So no groups of girls going to bathroom together and I need to be in public restrooms completely alone or else it’s a waste of my time. 4.I’m a monster! I have abnormally small hands (and according to Emily, small feet). I’ve been told several times that my hands are unusually small. I can’t hold a football and have a hard time with a basketball. I get cramps using chopsticks and I drop things all the time. One of the best examples of this (which is already in an earlier post)

I Stand All Amazed!

This past weekend was a very memorable one for me;  I received my endowments. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for quite a long time, but wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons. Mt Timpanogos Temple (can you see me in the middle?!) Well after several lengthy conversations with my parents, siblings and a few close friends, praying and fasting, I knew that I was ready. I called the temple, set the date and then notified friends and family. I won’t go into details here about my experience, but I will tell you that I’ve never felt more beautiful, loved and calm as I did that day. I also strengthened my testimony about my Savior and His plan for us. I haven’t stopped smiling since Saturday, but thank heavens I stopped crying. It was such and amazing emotional experience for me and I’m so happy to have been able to share it with my family and friends! Here are a few photos from the day. Mom, Me and Dad Me, my parents